The track has been built through the dedication and efforts of Capital BMX Club with assistance from community organisations, local businesses and the Wellington City Council.
The track is maintained by Capital BMX Club volunteers and is funded by memberships, donations and sponsorship.
From spring to autumn Capital BMX Club has exclusive use of the track for training, racing and maintenance purposes at the following times:
- Club training on Thursday 6pm – 7pm
- Club racing days on Sunday 9:30am – 11:30am
- Track maintenance on Saturday afternoons from 2pm
- Other club racing and training activities are held throughout the year.
The track is available to the public for bicycle riding when not being used by the Capital BMX Club.
- For bicycles only; no scooters
- No motorised vehicles including; radio controlled cars, motorbikes, or mini bikes
- Ride in the correct direction (from start gate to the finish board)
- Ride to your skill level
- Be aware of other riders
Minimum safety gear
- Helmet (full faced recommended)
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants
- Covered shoes and socks covering the ankles